RE: Inbreeding

That's too bad, because there are a lot of nice linebred horses out there.
I am currently working with a young gelding that is out of a Bey Oro (Bey
Shah)
daughter by a Bey Shah son and he is a dream. Nice quiet personality, wants
to please and is a quick learner.  Conformationally very well put together
and even has that "Bey Shah" head!  I love this horse and I'm not
necessarily
enamored of Bey Shah bred horses (he just kinda "happened" into my life just
like
the other two horses in my life).  His only hole in his makeup that I've
found
is that I can't yet touch his ears, so he remains unbridled even though I've
already started him lightly under saddle with a rope halter.  I'm positive
that's not genetics, though!

If you had  bought this mare, you could always breed it to a totally
non-related
family and not worry about perpetuating the linebreeding/inbreeding.  No
horse
is 100% perfect and will always carry some traights that aren't 100%
perfect,
and a good breeder will breed to complement posititve traits/faults with
this
in mind, hoping that the better trait will prevail!  If this mare is
phenotypically
what you want then she does carry desired traits worthwhile passing on to
the
next generation if one was so inclined to breed.

Bey Shah himself is not terribly line bred or inbred but is a product of
good old American melting pot breeding, not "fad" purist breeding.  My
horses
(not the Bey Shah colt) are 1/4 Russian,1/4 Crabbet and 1/2 domestic/Polish-
in other words - American melting pot Arabian breeding bred towards
phenotype
strengths (and height... but let's not get back into that argument again)
not pedigree.  The Bey Shah colt is obviously bred for the Bey Shah name,
but
has breeding outside that gene pool to complement whatever...

This colt will eventually be for sale, but I'm having a lot of fun working
with him so I won't advertise for a little while longer.  Want to work
a few more young horse insecurities out.  Remember that most of the high
selling
horses at the West Coast Distance Faire were Bey Shah related!  All my
horses
are related by virture of having Wildrose Mariah, an exquisite Crabbet
broodmare,
as a common ancestor a few generations back.

K.