no shoes

I have just been reminded  (thanks Sandy) to mention the desirability to let
shod horses go barefoot when ever possible.   I really believe 2 or 3 months
without shoes helps to keep our hard working horse's feet growing true to
their natural conformation.   (They need to be in a situation for some wear
to happen to get any benefit.)

We used to have a number of stocking legged pintos and those white feet
never did seem  able to handle rough footing well.   Several we put at least
front shoes on if they were going to be running in rocky pastures as they
would get too sore footed to do well on their own.
Solid colored horses with a white foot or two didn't seem to have any
trouble.  (All were born and raised in the same areas.)