Price to Keep Horses

> if you have to board your horse at a stable, average price for
> full board is around $500-$600/month per horse.  That includes
> stall,feed,hay,stall cleaning and turnout services (but no services like
vet
> or farrier, medicines or the like), and they would be nice facilities
> including an indoor riding ring.  There is a facility near my house (less
> than 10 miles away) that charges, are you ready, now breath baby breath,
> $825/month >
> Carolyn Burgess

WOW!!! I sure wouldn't be able to afford horses at those prices. I have mine
at home now but the last place that I boarded (last summer) cost $75 month.
That was for feed, free choice hay, worming, use of round pen and arena, 40
acres of pasture with access to a stall if needed, tackroom, and about 100
acres of riding trails. As for farrier service, $15 for a trim and $20 for
shoes. I guess I'm pretty lucky to live in northern Michigan after all. LOL
The most expensive place I know of around here charges $300 a month but that
is at an expensive breeding and show barn which includes a box stall, daily
turnout, feed, hay, stall cleaning, indoor arena and 24/7 barn manager on
site.

Annie Paine
Roscommon, MI