Re: why track horses?

Title: Re: why track horses?
For me it was size, price and attitude.

The ex-race horse I just bought is 14.3-15hh, under $3000 and calm, calm, calm.

Also didn't need to be ridden in a martingale, knew enough to put his head down all by hisself, and is a joy to trailer and be around.

The non race arabs I looked at started at $5000, tended to be on the small size (drove all over looking at 'over 15 hand' arabs that were way under) were ridden in all sorts of weird bits and/or tie-dows and just seemed generally loopier.

I'm sorry if *your* home-bred arabs aren't like this.  This is simply my impression after two months of hard searching Texas for an arab to do CTR/Endurance on.