Re: RC: Comfortable Riding Pants

In a message dated 02/13/2001 12:27:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< I would like to know what most distance riders out there wear for
comfortable, durable, warm pants?  Obviously, jeans just don't cut it.  I am
new to distance riding and am tired of fighting my blue jeans... >>

We have found the riding tights are the best for long distance riding. My
husband and I wear the Carousel brand that comes in all shapes, sizes and
colors (even just solid black). For especially cold rides we went to Oshmans
and picked up thermal pants for skiers which is almost like panty hose... And
from what I hear some people do wear panty hose under their tights for
warmth. They also sell a silky type head stocking that keeps your head warm
and fits easily under helmets. We also bought socks for skiers that are
supposed to keep your feet warm and dry, they work really good because my
feet get cold easy. As far as everything else, layers, layers, layers.

Maria