Re: RC: Heritage Endurance Ride

In a message dated 02/12/2001 7:51:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< Having read other ride
 managers'  reports on nightmares working with the Forestry Dept. I have
 been waiting for the other shoe to fall - but so far the only thing that is
 falling is the Forestry Dept. people falling over each other trying to help
me!

And I've had good luck with the BLM during the Applegate-Lassen rides.  I
really think the response one gets from the federal agencies depends a lot on
how ride management treats THEM in the beginning.  Ask, don't assume......
"please, thank you, may I , and is it all right if I do such and
such?".........  Works wonders in all walks of life.

Barbara