RE: Re: re; Glucosamine discussion

And the local peoples in the Peruvian mountains chew coca leaves "but they just need a little help to be able to work more comfortably".

Bob Morris
-----Original Message-----
From: Carolyn Burgess [mailto:carolyn_burgess@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2001 7:38 PM
To: bgloverhrsewmn@hotmail.com; Ridecamp List
Subject: RC: Re: re; Glucosamine discussion

When talking about these types of supplements, and saying should we be competing these horses if they need these kinds of supplements, how many of us start our day of riding by taking 2 Advil?  Now, why don't we apply these same standards to ourselves, and not compete because we are not physically in the condition to perform?  Because these medications are available to make us have fun even though our bodies aren't quite up to it.  And the same applies to our animals.  If they are up for it, and want to do it, what is wrong with making them more comfortable so they can perform like they want to.  And many of us have animals who want to work, but they just need a little help to be able to work more comfortably.

Carolyn Burgess
carolyn_burgess@hotmail.com