Petzl LED Headlamp

My husband got me a nifty little Petzl headlamp for Christmas,
mostly because I was threating to appropriate his.  It is very
small and light and uses 3 white LEDs.  It appears to be very
bright and I have used mine a couple times around the ranch in
the dark.  I have not done anything over a 50 yet (maybe this
year) so I have not been able to test this headlamp under ride
conditions.  The whole lamp is about the size of 2 walnuts and
just sits on the front of the helmet.  Because I have not tried
this under ride conditions, you might take this email under that
consideration.  The lamp w/batteries weighs only 2.4 oz.  I
think it cost about $40.

The good thing about using this small LED lamp would be the
long battery life.  LEDs don't draw or use much current to
operate.  LEDs don't burn out either.  The clear plastic lense
can be replaced with red or green to change the color of your
lamp.  It takes 3 AAA batteries which they say will still illuminate
a 5 meter distance after 12 hours of use at 20 degrees celcius
(dropping off from a max of 10 meters).  The booklet also says
the lamp continues to operate at a low level for 150 hours.

The model is Petzl Tikka E43P.  Do any of our venders carry it?
Maybe they will be at the convention.  Or you can see their website
at www.petzl.com.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry about Santa Fe.

Kathy Myers
in No. Cal. with Magnum the TB ex-racer
and Mr Maajistic... resident endurance arab
"Not Portland, mom.  It will rain on my ears!"