What does Long Slow Distance mean to you?

Tami Lange tamitl67@yahoo.com

A friend of mine and I have been talking about what Long Slow Distance
Miles actually look like, we have differing opinions, what is yours...How
many miles qualify?  What speed? How many weeks/months should you LSD a
six year old arab that has been saddle trained for a year?  When should
you graduate to a faster speed?  If you can answer these questions, please
email me at tamitl67@yahoo.com   Thank you, Tami