Newbie

Merrie MerrieSheik@paonline.com
I am seriously considering trying a 25 mile competative trail ride ( I
have never done one before )this spring and am looking for some tips in
how to condition myself and my horse. I thought I better start doing my
homework now to educate myself and get myself and my horse ready. My goal
is just to finish the ride ( I have heard the motto- to finish is to win
and that applies certainly to me).I have a 5 1/2 year old arabian gelding
who seems to have a good build and athletic ability. He has some great
racing blood  through his sire *Prosit.He is naturally in a whole lot
better condition than I am. Also any suggestions for conditioning during
the winter ? Thanks !