Breeding

The Horse magazine had an article about that subject. Their research showed that even if a pony breed mare, was bred to a draft breed stallion, the resulting foal could be born very small, (to accommodate the size of the mare's uterus) and still grow to be very big. I believe I also read that in the book "Blessed are the Brood Mares". However, breeding is like gambling and the odds are not always in your favor. :Lisa Salas, The Odd Farm  If there is money to lose in horses, we already lost it.