Re: re: torn frog

I don't have Nelson handy to comment right now about this but I would
definitely agree that you should have it looked at...the farrier would be a
good first choice (it is, after all, part of the foot!).  He might be
cheaper thatn the vet and will probably give you the same advice and a good
farrier, if he isn't certain will advise you to call your vet anyway.  Make
sure it isn't really a puncture wound.  Sometimes what looks like a
superficial wound in the frog area is sometimes a puncture wound.  Soaking
with betadine is a great idea.  Antibiotics probably wouldn't be a dumb idea
either.
Maggie