From: Linda B. Merims
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 9:02 AM
Subject: RC: Barley

Since Burkhardt's 1831 essay claimed that barley was the
staple grain fed to horses by the bedouin, I'm curious:
Susan, what is the nutritional breakdown of barley?  Is
it commonly used in processed horse feeds today?

The only barley I've ever eaten is in Campbell's Beef
and Barley and Scotch Broth soups!

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Masschusetts, USA