Goethe and the Northern Horses

Kathy Brunjes brunjesk@cmhc.org
I want to thank all the Goethe volunteers and ride management for the
wonderful event they pulled off...they even asked the sun to hide most of
the day, so we only had to deal with the temperature and humidity!!!
Considering my horse came down from Maine with enough hair to stuff a
sofa, it was a very successful ride for us!  This was our third Goethe
Challenge, and it's a ride I highly recommend to Northerners -

Ali and I came in second in the 100, and Ali again shows me how much pluck
he has - sand? No problem....it's just warmer than snow!  Speaking of
snow...we arrived home to Maine in a winter snow storm...couldn't get our
trailer up our road at 2:30 am since it hadn't been plowed, so we had to
park the trailer at the end of the road and lead the horses home the last
1/2 mile..except I cheated and hopped on Ali bareback and rode him up the
hill because I had sneakers on and the 8 inches of snow on the ground was
too much for me - see what I mean about how plucky he is??? I can just
imagine what was running through his mind at this point - sure, take me
out of the warm stuff and bring me back to THIS?!

Hello to all our Florida friends and Happy Holidays!  See you in February
Kathy Brunjes