Ridecamp Admin--Changing Size of Messages

"Howard Bramhall" <hwb67@msn.com> said:

>I won't write too much about this one, mainly since Steph
>seems to have limited the number of characters (bits) allowed,
>per post, on her site lately.

The limit is 16K.  John Teeter told me this several days ago.
Now 16K is a HUGE post.  You are probably hitting it
for the same reason I was:  not because your posts are so
long, but because your email program is actually constructing
*two* versions of your post--a plain text version and a
huge formatted HTML version--and bundling them together and
sending both off in one email message.  That's what my
MS Outlook was doing.  (If your posts are showing up
in a fancy font, then your email program is constructing
an HTML version.)

Each mailer is different, but the way to turn this off in
MS Outlook is:

1. On the top bar of your New Message (or Re: reply
   message) panel, find the Format menu selection.

2. Pick Format-->Plain Text  (as opposed to Rich Text).

3. Say OK to any silly warning message it gives you.

Type away.  You can also make this your MS Outlook default
(Tools-->Options-->Send-->Mail Sending Format-->
Plain Text)

It will have to be a very, very long post indeed for a plain
text message to exceed 16K!

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA