hoof recovery after shoeing

Karen wrote<"You don't just pull shoes and expect the horse to be able to
continue at it's previous work level." >

Why not?  I do.  I can pull my horse's shoes at any time and ride anywhere
as far as  I want to on a sound horse.  I can also shoe him the day of a
ride and ride anywhere as far as I want on a sound horse.  OK, OK, NELSON
does the shoeing...if I did it, the horse would definitely not be sound and
probably couldn't move an inch but that's my point...I KNOW what I can do
with my horse.  This is Malik I'm talking about.  Have done it with some of
our other horses and wouldn't dare to try it with others!  Every horse is an
individual and must be treated as such.  But I bet there are lots of other
horses out there who are also fine to continue doing what they do after
having shoes pulled.
Maggie