From: odd farm
To: RIDECAMP
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 4:44 PM
Subject: RC: Pretty is as pretty does

I am constantly putting lotion on my hands, what with stacking hay, cleaning water buckets and riding with out gloves tends to make my hand dry. I have just realized that I have dual zone skin after this last ride and need to change my "beauty" regimen.

I usually like Nivia body lotion and some kinda hand therapy stuff for my hands. Now after a ride I like Neosporin for those "rough raw" spots and ice jel for, you know that deep penetrating softener/muscle releaser. If I put on lotion with sparkles over that, you hardly notice my bruised calves or the blisters on my heels and behind my knees. I feel pretty, oh so NOT pretty.

I also change my make-up a little after each ride. Whereas I like to wear my make-up light (I only want to look a few DAYS younger) but after a ride it needs to be a tad bit more concealing. Like the time Loony Lance ran under a branch and I cut my cheek, got a fat lip and had a black eye. Darker blush, lipstick and eye shadow were called for, all on top of my base foundation mixed with Neosporin.

I have started to paint my nails again just so you don't see all the dirt and grime underneath. I would love to dip my hands in some paraffin for that "spa" manicure but ice water works better when you have 3rd degree burns on your hands from trying to stop a run a way horse for 25 miles. ;) No, I'm just kidding, he slowed down after 20. Lisa Salas, The Odd Farm