Re: RC: RC: Re: Stallions in endurance riding

In a message dated 12/17/2001 9:02:29 AM Pacific Standard Time, finishis2win@columbus.rr.com writes:

Without knowing the handler well, I would not, by choice, ride with a
stallion. I'm just not going to take any chances. I would hope that stud
owners look at mare owners the same way

Heck, I look at ALL of 'em this way right about now. The WORST was having my darling old "never hurt a fly" mare who was approached UNINVITED by a gelding with a woman aboard, and before I could get away, this wingnut lets her horse go right up in my mare's face as she tells me "oh hi...nice horse...." and then her horse took a lick at mine with a front hoof. This is a woman who dresses the part to the TEETH whenever she rides, claims great knowledge of horses, and is too good to do her own grooming. Got a bit of hair off of her front leg, but there you have it. It just isn't very often the horse, but the rider or handler who needs a kick in the shorts. NO horse should be allowed to come within contact distance - ANY contact - with a horse not known intimately by said horse. It wouldn't happen in the wild without confrontation, why force it otherwise?