Re: My Goethe story

Way to stick in there Becky.  My hardest rides haven't been the longest
or the fastest, just the ones where something like that happened and I
had to tough it out.  Tried to do my second 50 ever 4 days after a
stomach virus and it came back on me. I've never done anything so hard in
my life... thought I pulled at the half way mark when I just wandered
into camp (was having the tunnel vision you get just prior to feeling
like you're gonna pass out...bet you felt that this weekend) and I handed
Isaiah's reins to someone I didn't know, then went to the porto-let and
then the trailer.  I was a newby and they didn't know me but they vetted
my horse through, found out where I was parked, untacked him and put him
in my corral.  I slept for an hour, woke up and lay there thinking about
how much that entry had cost me and decided to see if I could saddle up.
It was raining by then.  I put a couple of slices of bread in my pocket
and headed out for the 2nd half.  My pocket was full of hay (aren't *all*
our pockets full of hay?) and the bread ended up a wet wad of hay covered
dough but I ate it a little at a time anyway...then I got to feeling bad
and saw where someone had dropped a waterbottle full of orange juice on
the trail. I DRANK it. :-PP  (the things you'll do when you're
inhibitions are switched off)  Management pampered me at the last check
and I ended up finishing with something like 6 minutes left in the 12
hours. Got a nice coffee mug to show for that. >g<

Believe me, any lessons you learned this weekend will stick in your mind
forever!  And...the good rides will seem so much easier since you have
something worse to look back on. :-)

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.