beet pulp

Can you over-dose horses on beet pulp?  Carolyn's problem for example.  I've recently started my horses on beet pulp, slowly working it in as a substitute for part of their grass hay ration.  They love it, the goats love what they're allowed to mooch off the horses, and the dogs greedily clean up any that is spilled during the soaking and mixing process.  I introduce changes in feed very slowly and watch the manure closely.  (easy for me since I am in charge of manure)  That's always been my main gauge that everything is well with my equines.  Everybody looks good, including their shit.  Is there something else I should be looking for?

Also, Howard made a comment a while back about a nightmare ride and not soaking the beet pulp long enough.  Is there a minimum time beet pulp should be soaked?

Enjoying all the great training and conditioning posts.  And Kat, love how you cut to the chase when there is so much to soak up and think about.  There have been many posts that I have wanted to applaud, or say 'amen', and lot's of 'wow, that makes sense', I just don't want to clutter, so I'll say it now that I have a question.

Ya gotta love ridecamp!!

Kathie
CA