why we do this

Margie Margie@ffww.com
I was writing to a friend earlier and was telling her that at about
35 miles out I start to question the sanity of this sport (I'll make
a great 100 miler won't I!) At this time I'm such a whinner I have to
convince myself to go on to the end. On Warners Hot Springs Ride we rode
with a great man named Maynard. 65 years young and he told me "why we do this".
He said 4 reasons-
1.) the love of great horses.
2.) the enjoyment of interesting people with which we have something in common.
3.) the exercise
4.) and the love of the great outdoors.

I don't think I could have put it any better myself
so that's my montra now.
Thank you Maynard and "Mr Ed" for letting me see the light.
I do love this sport for all the above reasons.
Margie@ffww.com