Gripes about Reactor Panel

Ha, ha, just trolling...

I've been looking at Reactor Panels too and the only complaints my
highly critical nature has been able to find are:

- There's no picture anywhere of their adjustable stirrup bar
  (yes, you can get them with an adjustable stirrup bar) and
  none of the demos the dealer from Long Island has has one.

- The endurance model only comes in bridle-finish leather.  I hate
  bridle leather.

I thought their "keep it on try out until you're dead sure and then
we'll order yours" policy was a good approach to the whole problem
of returns (but an issue if there's no demo with adjustable
stirrup bars).  I especially liked the endurance model's twist
(I dunno if it was narrower or wider, but it sure felt good).  I just
didn't like the slick bridle leather.

I also liked the "thick/medium/narrow" velcroed pucks by which
the saddle attaches to the panels.  This scheme goes
a long way to answering the problem that Ortho-Flex had with
their front panel fixed, rotating mounting posts being too close
together for wide shouldered horses with no way to adjust them
(at least until the very end when they came up with those
$400 option screw adjusts).  Here we've got a little piece of
thick, dense foam doing the same job as OF's complicated
post-with-rotating-head design, and doing it better.

Oh, but that's not a gripe, is it?

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA