Re: RC: Close contact type saddle

Hi Karla, et al

I have an admittedly biased opinion, which I'll state up front: I own the
ReactorPanel Saddle Co.  Since a significant number of our customers are
endurance riders, I have gradually come to spend a fair amount of time around
the sport.  My background was first eventing, then hunter/jumper.  I have
become increasingly curious about Endurance, realizing that I can't provide
saddles to people if I don't understand what they -- and their horses -- need
from a saddle.

Last June, a ReactorPanel rider who has become a good friend loaned me her
high-mileage horse for my first ride - a 50 at Ft. Howes (Montana).  She
convinced me that I would be best off in my own saddle, and I rode the 50 --
and finished -- in my ReactorPanel jumping saddle.  No pain, no
problems...other than the inevitable stiff muscles from my first time riding
that distance, and those didn't show up for a day or so.  In researching
"endurance" saddles, I have come to find that any solution which provides
comfort for horse and rider, including athletic freedom for the horse, is the
"right" solution.

Good luck with your hunt for information.

Carmi