Re: Need Help

Nelson didn't really get involved at first...he was still doing some trucking and though he came to a couple of "after the fact" potluck award dinners, it took only one time crewing for him to get the bug.  We know whole families who get involved...some ride, some crew, some stay in camp and read a book and walk the dogs or volunteer or whatever.  Distance riding can be a family sport and once a husband finds out how much that satisfaction is worth (even if it's not monetary worth), he'll be hooked.  Just be careful that he doesn't get too competitive.  Nelson's initial problem as my crew was that he was always telling me exactly how far who was ahead of me...which would have been fine if first was my goal.  It's NOT.  My goals are much humbler, at least for the time being.  He has let up and is now enjoying it a little more I think!  :)
Maggie