Re: HELP

Have been a longtime 'ridecamp lurker', but now have a major problem & need help!  Am enclosing a copy of a note I sent to friend this morning (& saved so I wouldn't have to keep retyping).  Has anyone experienced this symptom?  Any leads at all will be helpful.  Reply to me privately.  Thank you in advance (I hope)

PS Was aiming to Deming, NM for Around The Mountain.

I am soooo depressed.  Did not want to be HERE now & to add to my depression.....it's raining & my driveway won't allow very many trips up & down.  We're afraid to take the trailer down today, for fear we won't be able to get it turned around to take someplace tomorrow.  I wanted to test a few things before we take it in tomorrow.

Here's symptoms ( in case you've ever heard of this problem).....two weeks ago we took truck & trailer to Lake Sommerville & all was fine.  But Dave thought one wheel felt hot, so rehitched trailer & took it to Comal to check out.  While driving, it felt like trailer was 'bucking'.  It was minor & if I backed off the gas, it stopped.  I figured it was cause there was no horse in there & water on top at very back.

Well, I took off yesterday morning & got on IH10 & felt it when I got to 60.  OK, I thought, I'll just run right under 60.  But, it got worse.  Seems to be when I'm accelerating.  Stopped at mechanic place.  Said it sounds like a trailer tire (bubble or out of round).  Went to tire place.  1 of the tires had real uneven tread, so changed it.  Off again.  Problem even worse.  Stopped at a Fleet big truck place.  They said it sound like trailer tire problem, for sure.

Back to Seguin - Carter Tires (am NOT going home).  I had Dave call them ahead so they'd be ready.  They thought the same thing.  Bought 4 new trailer tires (all the old ones had good tread, but were old).

On the road again.  Same problem.  Home.  Dave met me at bottom of driveway & followed me to look at things.  Can't see anything out of wack.  Can't even see it bouncing when it's doing it & he's right beside me.

Up the driveway.  Unhook & take truck out.  It feels normal.

Dave has a friend over (to help him w/tractor) who's a shadetree mechanic.  He goes out in truck w/me to feel it.  He says it feels just like 'bucking' (like you're on washboard road).  He's looking at trailer & hitch while it's doing it & everything looks fine.

It's not consistant.  2 times I got up to 70 before it did it.  Sometimes it does it at 40.  Only pattern I see, it happens when I'm accelerating.  It seems to get worse as I go along.  When I took off Sat AM, I got to Seguin & heading out of town on IH10 before I felt it.

Don't know if it could be a truck problem that only shows up when under load.  One guy said drivetrain problem.  Another person told me, it's got to be in the trailer.

Not even sure where to start tomorrow.  The best suggestion I've had is to hitch up to another big trailer & see if it does it.  Now, to find a trailer.

Any ideas?

Pat  plwasmund@hotmail.com