P&R Continuing this issue

Margie Margie@ffww.com
It is so interesting to read all the notes coming into
Ridecamp on this issue. I love the fact that we have this
wonderful forum to discuss controversial topics as taking
Respiration at Vet Checks.

What I really wanted though hasn't happened and that is partially
why I'm bringing the issue up again. No Vets yet have posted
to clarify the issue of Respiration. I would really like to hear
what they have to say as to wether it is a necessary tool
to be used at the P&R check point. Perhaps it should only be a
concideration at the actual Vetting.

The second issue was volunteer treatment and the Ride Rules
set at the Ride meeting.
If you'll read me original post it stated that the
Ride Vet set the criteria, not the Volunteers. In fact the issue of
Inversion was brought up at the Ride meeting. The Vet stated
then No Inversion. No rider was pulled by a volunteer
and everyone was checked the same by all volunteers at
the vet checks I was working at.
Someone brought up P&R volunteer s judging wether horses are
panting to cool or panting because they are in trouble. I don't
think that P&R volunteers have the ablity or should
have to have the ability to jugde wether your horse is in trouble
or just panting to cool. Some horses are very calm, with heart rate
down and then go into trouble.

My real interest in this is the horse.

Perhaps we need more clarification with the "Rules" on this issue??

It's been interesting and informative to read all the posts and receive
all the letters. Thanks for the encouragement, laughs and the
corrections. : )

With my neck a little shorter, but my fingers still on the keyboard.
Margie