Re: RC: A Philosophical Meandering (related to barefootin')

on 11/29/01 2:56 PM, Abigail Aiyagari at abby1@itsa.ucsf.edu wrote:

> For some people, the choice is easy; why not just shoe the horse, or foam
> on Easyboots?  But I think that it's important for people to stop and
> think about how far they are willing to artificially increase the horse's
> potential.  For example, think about a bodybuilder.  He takes some
> steroids to get his muscles as big as they can be, with as little fat on
> his body as possible.
There is a big difference. Either way that dude is going to wear shoes.
Shoes are not the same as steroids. Maybe shoes with pads like TWH or
Saddlebreds wear-that is a whole different artificial story. Athletes who
wear shoes are different than athletes who use steroids.
Even the Kenyan marathoners wear shoes when they come and run 26 miles on
the asphalt.
tiffany