Re: BadTrans Virus

Over the past 24 hours, I've received responses from Echo Hall & Kathi Macki to a couple of posts I've sent to ridecamp- both these responses have attachments... when I try to reference these emails, I get the message that the program has performed an "illegal operation" and it shuts down Outlook Express... is this some kind of virus or worm?  Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Susie Jones, AERC# 7997

Subject: [CTR] virus
> Hello
> I'm sure there will be other alerts about this, but wanted to let you know
> that a virus is floating around the trail email community. It's called
> BADTRANS.B and will come as an email with an attachment from someone you
> know may regularly get email from. Don't open it, just delete it. It is
> attaching itself to the addresses in people's address book.
> I've received it from several distance rider sources today.
> Laurie at NATRC

Laurie,

I belong to several lists and our computer is a business computer.
We have received this virus from all the list we belong too and from other
private people and business.  I understand that yahoo is having a major
problem with it.

Our system is updated every six hours for virus, todate none has slipped by
the Norton.  But is sure has been working it little butt off today.

Ray Miller
www.saddlefitting.net
www.horseshoes.com