questions

 I've been talking with my parents, and we've
decided I can try an endurance ride around May or
June. I'll turn 16 January 31st, but I read
something about the endurance year starting over
in December? or something like that..so would I
be a junior if I did a ride in May since I wont
be 16 this December? I guess it doesn't really
matter either way, but I want to be sure I know
so I can try to find someone to ride with if I
need to.
I'm going to find a couple rides to watch or help
at so I can see how everything works, and take my
time on the first ride just to get used to
things.

Ok, one more- I camped with a friend once, and
she had a small area attached to her trailer made
with those green metal step in posts and square
metal horse fencing. My horse stayed in this fine
and seemed to like being able to move around a
little. Would this be ok to use at an endurance
ride? I would practice camping with him more
before I tried it at a ride, but I was wondering
if it can only be a certain size or anything like
that. The one we used was about the size of his
stall, just big enough for him to walk some, eat
grass, and lie down.

Thank you!
Kelly & Slim