JD's Carolina ride

Okay results to follow, hope you all appreciate it, no fingers left <g>.  And Jim, I would be careful about saying you wouldn't go to an FEI ride, many ride managers might take that as a good enough reason to sanction with FEI <g>
 The heavy weight ride had the best completion percentage, interesting no?  For the 55, you and your tack had to weigh 200+ lbs.  Almost 88% completion.  Next was the 30 with 62%, then FEI 100 with 58%, 100 with 54% and last the 50 with 54%.
 It rained all night Friday, and boy was I glad not to be riding.  Then Saturday got hot, upper 70's, and humid.  So many horses in the "winter mode" had trouble recovering to pulse criteria.
 Interesting side notes:  some people decided to go a lower distance because of the rain, some left without starting, but one brave soul upgraded to the 50, her horses first 50, maybe hers too.  At the away stop, someone was commenting on the pulls, and in comes Pat Leland and Kamakazi Bay B.  He trots right in the pulse box, is below criteria and bounce up to the vets.  I pointed him out, didn't really know her prior to this event, and said that is how a horse should be looking.  She went on to finish in the top twenty.  A really great job.
 Okay here are the results, as I know them:

Carolina Ride

100 Miler
25 Starters 14 Finishers

Place Rider Horse Time
1 Valerie Kanavy Shahdon 10:45
2 Mary Kornwolf Liberty Valance 11:11
3 Karen Clark   Jeb 11:33
4 Lana Wright     Nathan's Pride 13:00
5 Meg Sleeper Shyrocco Blair 13:08
6 David Augustine Shyrocco Troilus 13:08
7 Donna Green Di-N-Mo 13:08
8 Rita Swift Jayel Delgado 13:15
9 Yvette Vinton EJ Malachi 14:44
9 Stagg Newman Ramegwa Drubin 14:44
9 Michelle Owens        KHF Tereso 14:44
12 Nancy Roeber Moyer Ramegwa Papstrax 16:13
13 Steve Rojek     SR Finally 16:13
14 Denny Emerson    Ramegwa Sharli 16:13

Best Condition:  Liberty Valance

FEI 100
12 Starters 7 Finishers

1 Valerie Kanavy Shahdon
2 Mary Kornwolf Liberty Valance
3 Meg Sleeper Shyrocco Blair
4 David Augustine Shyrocco Troilus
5 Rita Swift Jayel Delgado
6 Yvette Vinton EJ Malachi
7 Steve Rojek      SR Finally

Carolina

55 Miler (200+ lbs)

8 Starters 7 Finishers

Place Rider Horse         time
1 Alex Reis Nicholas 5:25
2 Roger Rittenhouse Omni 5:40
3 Vicki Parker Roar Mine Zameel 5:41
4 Megan Davis Sanyati 6:04
5 Tom Thomson Shataarsminet 7:55
6 Tom Hagis Mocha 7:55
7 David Elrod TA Glory 9:09

Best Condition:  Sanyati

Carolina

50 Miler

50 Starters 27 Finishers
5 Junior Starters

Place Rider Horse Time
1 Kim Orr        Days End (Luke) 4:53
2 Nicki Young         Billy 4:56
3 Mindy Armstrong Lawrence Filly Royal Dalyte 4:58
4 Debbie Bullis Tashi Ashara 5:07
5 Megan Bullock Am Mister Gypsy 5:07 JR!
6 Ruth Sturley Super sport 5:12
7 Margaret Summers Shaleighli 5:13
8 Sharon Stoll Zloty 5:20
9 Betty Baird Sashane Silver 5:25