Droughtbuster Carolina Ride

Mary Coleman caf@innernet.net
Bethune(home of the chicken strut) was the place
to be Thanksgiving weekend! The locals were not
worried about the long dry spell they knew it
would be broke this weekend and how right they
were. It poured and than it poured more all night
Friday but actually stopped by Saturday a.m.
However a few opted to stay dry and would not go
out all total they were 130 horses. When the rain
left the heat and humidity came which took its toll.
14 out of 25 finished the 100 and I was told both
other rides had only 50% completion rate.
I crewed till 3 in the morning for Nancy Roember-Moyer
(longest time ever down there)she finished with Steve
on Finally and Denny Emerson on Maggies horse. No one
finished before dark this year. Valerie won other
finishers(not sure of order) Mary Kornwolf/Karen Clark/
Lana Wright/David Augustine/Meg Sleeper/Donna Green/Rita
Swift/Yvette Vinton/Stagg Newman/Michele Owens/. I think
the locals should have a parade honoring JD for the rain!