Scar Tissue

My mare had surgery done on the bottom of her hoof in approximately the middle of her frog in mid-August.  Although the site seems to be healing very well, there is a LARGE amount of scar tissue that has developed.  I've had my farrier out at my vets recommendation to cut it off twice now.  It always seems to grow back in 3 - 5 days.  Does anyone have any recommendations as to a product that can be applied to an open wound to help prevent scar tissue?

Thank you.

Crysta & Sugar