Bethune Ride (Soon to be My First Ride Ever )

So who all is going to the Bethune Ride ( J.D.'s ride ) this weekend. This
will be my very first endurance ride ever that I have been to. I'm not going
to ride the whole 30 miles however, I'm thinking of opting out at the first
vet check. I'm just wondering if any of you nice people who may be coming
would give me some pointers on what I should do and not do, I'm going to
print out the beginners handbook and read it tonight, but I would still like
tips from people that are going are that have went before.

Heather