Easy Boots and Vetting In?

Is it acceptable to vet your horse in (pre-ride check) wearing easy boots
(the horse, not me <G>)?  I'm going to a 2-day rocky ride Thanksgiving
weekend and will be foaming on easy boots.  It'll be my first experience with
the foam, and I'd really prefer to do it the afternoon before I head for the
ride, or perhaps the afternoon before vetting in, so that I have plenty of
daylight (rather than waiting till after I vet in and then try to hurry and
do it before dark).  I figure there's a better than average chance that I'll
end up glued to  my horse and will need to be pried off, so want to allow
plenty of time.  <G>  But I don't want to foam the darn things on at home and
then get to the ride and find out that I have to take them off to vet in.  :(
 Anyone know?

Thanks in advance,
Dawn in Texas