Re: GPS V

My husband recently bought a Garmin V for $435 (included shipping) from a
very nice Ebay seller that deals in airplane parts. He just loves it to
death. If anyone's interested, email me and I'll pass on the seller info to
you to see if the seller has any other of these for sale at that price.

I got the "cast-off" GPSIII. YEAH! :) Now I carry it around with me on my
trail rides. I know it's not TOTALLY accurate, but at least I'm getting a
nice estimate of my milage on trail rides and our average speed, etc.

Much better than my previous method of taking Apache (my last horse) to a
stretch of road that I'd driven on and knew the approximate milage, then
asking Apache to trot his "normal" trot and timing him and doing the
calculations to estimate his speed so later I could guess that he was going
approximately his normal speed for an hour, therefore we'd traveled
approximately X miles.

Tanna, my 7-year-old Arabian gelding, freaks whenever he hears the zipper of
my fanny pack open, though. He knows I'm pulling out the GPS and he starts
being a total idiot. I'm getting pretty good at turning tight circles at a
trot while peering at my GPS screen to see how far we've come. He's getting
better, but it's funny. He won't stand still (at this point...we're working
on it), while I look at the GPS, so the next safest thing to do is tight
circles (to the right, he hates the right and goes slower, not to mention,
he's getting more supple on the right since he's been doing so many circles
lately!).

April
Tanna & Serts

in Nashville, TN