Re: Organic Wormer

This is the same thing as diatamaceous earth.  I do use it in my horses'
feed mix (daily) and I do believe it helps inbetween regular wormings.  I
have never used it the way they suggest in this ad though.  I used to put it
out free choice but they gobbled it up too fast and it was too expensive
that way!  :)  They are a pretty funny sight if you have a group eating this
white stuff and then slobbering on each other.  You can also use it in your
cupboards for boll weevils.  I have seen clients sprinkle it on their
horses' backs for fly control and I believe it works.  You can purchase this
product from ABCs for much less...it comes in 25# bags.  I get it wholesale
from a friend so I'm not sure what the retail is.  You'd have to call the
company or contact a dealer and you might get a better price than through
the company.  You can also sometimes get it from your local elevator
especially if they also sell pool products...it's used in filters or
something?  Don't quote me on that!!  But this is definitely a rip off!  I
want to reiterate that although I use it, I still worm with Ivomec when
needed.  I think DE has some interesting possibilities though.
Maggie