Fwd: Please help the Shawnee Forest

We need the support of all AERC members to help get this passed.  The Shawnee trail system needs help and this will make it so much simpler.  Follow the directions to register your input.

Thanks,

Carol Wingate

---- Begin included message ----
Dear Shawnee Trail Conservancy Member

This is long, but PLEASE read all of it.

If you  want to keep on riding in the Shawnee National Forest, please help.

The trails here need repairing. At present, no repairs can be made, even by
volunteers, on nearly all of the trails. It takes an Environmental Impact
Statement, as complicated as if we wanted to build a nuclear plant, to
officially designate a trail, and then it can be maintained. These studies
take years, as we have learned the hard way.

The Forest Service wants to use a Categorical Exclusion so they can go
ahead and repair the trails. This will also apply to all national forests.
Environmentalists, who would like to close out any trails in the forest,
will be out in force for this one, but the FS wants to do this, but need
our support.

IF YOU WILL GO TO THE WEB SITE FOR THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION, YOU CAN CLICK
ON THEIR LETTER AND IT GOES DIRECTLY TO WASHINGTON, D.C. The deadline is
November 19, but even if you can't do it by then, go ahead anyway. If they
are flooded with them, they may count them even if late.

Don't do this if you have already mailed a letter, but please email the
following web site to ALL in your email address book.

   www.sharetrails.org

Scroll down to Action Alerts and click on Important Rule Change Needs Your
Support

The letter comes up and tells you how to send it directly to them. You can
also download or print the letter if you wish.

Thanks, Joy Dear Shawnee Trail Conservancy Member

---- End included message ----