Re: RC: Tips to ID reg. purebred Arabian by markings

Easy.  Get the name of the sire or dam, the approximate age of the horse, the names of the breeder or the owners of the sire or the dam would be useful, and click it into the CD rom "Arabian Horse data source" and there you go.  Assuming it's an Arab right?  Not a mule. (what else are there besides Arabs and mules, ha ha) Many folks on ridecamp have such a CD including myself, and we can obsessively search around for horses on rainy days like today. I have been able to find the horses I rode as an eensey little girl in the .....past...and did that by inputting the name of the owner. They had dandy pedigrees.   You may not be able to register said horse, but you can get a pedigree anyway for your own fun.  Assuming nobody is lying..   Beth