NC qualification changes

People are asking why the complaints about changing the qualification
standards for the NC.
I have raised four children and have eight grandchildren. Some of them
played, or do play sports.
The BOD met in October? or early this month? which is when the changes
were made in the rules for qualifiying. In my opinion that is like
changing the rules of a football tournament after some of the games have
been played. This late rule change may not affect me. I have a horse
that I have ridden more than a thousand miles, so she and I would
qualify easily. But there may be some riders who would be adversely
affected for whatever reason. What if the rules for qualifiying for the
Super Bowl or the Basesball World Championships were changed after the
season had begun? My complaint is not the specifics of the changes,
because they were easy  for a National Championship. My complaint is on
the TIMING of the changes.
Lucie Hancock
AERC #5982
Manager of the Hallelujah Benefit Ride