50's and LD's

	My teammates and I rode the 30 mile LD at the Lover Ride (Lake Oroville
Vista Endurance Ride).  We were way out of the vet check and just about to
cross a creek full of fresh flowing water.  Our horses were all thirsty and
anxious to get to the water.  Just as we were about to enter the creek to
let our horses drink a rider came up on us and we offered to let her pass.
She realized our horse really wanted to drink and thinking that if she
passed us at this point they may decided not to drink (horses being the
creatures that they are) she insisted we enter the creek and waited while
they drank there fill of water.  We then moved on out of her way and she
proceeded on down the trail.  As she passed us we realized that she was a 50
miler and not just any 50 miler she was in first place with other 50 milers
not far behind her.  This person cared more about the fact that our horses
needed to drink than about the fact that she was losing time to those that
were trying to catch her and pass her.  She did go onto win this ride and
she well deserved it.  Our hats are off to this wonderful, thoughtful, and
caring person who put our horses needs above her need to win.  Thanks you
very much Judy Etheridge.  You are a true horseman.
	At the second vet check I was in the vet line waiting my turn when a 50
miler got in line behind me.  I offered to let her go ahead of me in line.
She, however, said she didn't want to hold me up and that I should go ahead
and be seen by the vet next.  Turns out at this point she is in third place.
Now these 50 milers were just so nice to me and my team and we want to say
thanks for your kindness and not for looking down at us since we were only
doing the 30 miler.  You'll are a great bunch.  We honestly don't mind
letting you get in front of us though cause we are kinda slow.
Team Slow Poke,
Kathy, Christy and Dede