Re: rub spots w/OF

Thanks for advice on OF....I tried to contact Orthoflex....their numer was not in service....Does anyone out there have a current numer ? Thanks, Jeannie
----- Original Message -----
From: odd farm
To: RIDECAMP ; gardelbetz@psln.com
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2001 11:44 AM
Subject: RC: rub spots w/OF

I don't know if your saddle is new or used but when I purchased my OF saddle new 8 or so years ago, the panels were 24-25 inches long. It was rubbing my horses loins even though the saddle really fit. I complained to OF and told them that for the shorter backed horses or slightly swaybacked horses this would be a problem. I sent it back and insisted they shorten the panels. They put new panels on that were 22 inches long and WALLA! No more rubbing.

When I purchased my western saddle new and my daughters Amigo new, the panels were already 22 inches long so I must not have been the only one complaining. (although it wouldn't be a first ;)  The two I bought used still have longer panels but I can use them on the Morgan and Arab/Andalusian who have slightly longer backs. I would measure the panels, front to back and if they are longer than 22 inches, call the company to see about getting them shortened. I love my OF saddles. Good luck. Lisa Salas, The Odd fARm