Re: [ETI_C20] La Tuna Canyon Needs Your Help!

RE: Keeping our horse trails open

Friends - I would like to see all the people who have been attending
hearings
on the Chatsworth zoning issue attend this hearing on 11/15/01 at 4:30 at
the
AirTel Hotel in Van Nuys.  In addition to supporting our neighbors, I
believe
a strong argument is that more boarding facilities are needed as more of
our
RA zoning in Chatsworth disappears.  In addition, I don't know the
numbers,
but several facilities have closed in the last few years in favor of
development.  We need to ensure we have facilities for our horses - and
places to ride.

Please spread the word that we need a big showing at this hearing.  I'll
see
you there!
--Terri--

Randy Hammock wrote:

> ATTENTION: Fellow Equestrians and Friends of the Equestrian Community
>
> WHAT: An appeal hearing is set to determine the fate of the Proposed
> Equestrian Facility at 9753 La Tuna Canyon Road. The property owners
> have applied for, and received, a Conditional Use Permit to board
> horses, but some angry, non-horse neighbors have appealed it. We are
> fighting hard to convince the Zoning Commissioners that the decision
> in August to approve the Conditional Use Permit to board horses, was
> indeed the CORRECT decision and should NOT be overturned. We are
> OPPOSING THE APPEAL. Please do not let anyone confuse you!
>
> This Boarding Barn will be a first-rate, modern horsekeeping facility
> -- something that we will be proud of. It is appropriate use for the
> land (32 acres), complies with the Sun Valley Community Master Plan,
> with Hillside Ordinance and Low Density Housing Guidelines, and with
> ALL the presiding Zoning laws. This type of Land Usage will protect
> the hills from cut-and-fill development for years to come.
>
> WHERE: The hearing will be at the: Airtel Plaza Hotel, 7277 Valjean
> Avenue, Van Nuys, CA, near the Van Nuys airport in one of the
> conference rooms. Check the Announcement Board when you go in.
>
> WHEN: It will be help at 4:30 PM in the afternoon of Thursday,
> November 15th. (Actually, that's not too bad for someone that works --
> you will probably only need to leave work about an hour early. You
> won't even have to take the entire day off.)
>
> Please Come, Stand Up and Speak Up!
>
> We Do Not Want To Lose Another Equestrian Facility
>
> If you need more information, call Vickie (818)352-9923

> Visit the Corral 20 web site: http://www.welcome.to/corral20
> Visit the ETI Natioanl web site: http://www.eti.av.org
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Epil Stop & Spray Painless Hair Removal. Spray on and wipe off!
Just $24.95 at Youcansave.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/gC2sGD/6jNDAA/ySSFAA/87drlB/TM