More information on AERC and financial responsibility

Vicki Rutter - SW regional director and AERC Treasurer - has asked that this be
posted to the endurance lists as a part of the background information on
the financial responsibility of the BOD.

Please respond directly to her with comments and questions.

"Vicki Rutter" <rutter@dakotacom.net>

The AERC Board members have a fiduciary responsibility to appropriate funds to those things that benefit
the entire membership.  There are very specific
purposes that the general membership funds can be used for and the Board must follow the rules or be
accountable to the membership for trying to stray.
I care passionately about the spending of the general membership funds for something that does not
benefit all members. I have spent the past three
years making sense of the AERC finances to accurately report where the money comes from and where it
goes.  It started out like herding cats and we
finally have them all caught and in the proper place. AERC is no longer on the verge of bankruptcy or in
the dark relating to our financial position.

I would also like to thank everyone who has responded to me directly.  Everyone has an opinion and
whether you agree or disagree with my proposals, all
are important and I appreciate the effort you have made to comment.

Vicki Rutter
AERC Treasurer