From: Laura Hayes
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 5:11 PM
Subject: RC: Body Temperature

In the recent edition of Equus, a vet commenting on a letter to the magazine, said that "horses in endurance competitions often have body temperatures above 107 degrees."  Could this be?  I have taken Music's temp at checks because he is a heavy built horse, and I wanted to to be sure that he was cool, it was always under 101 degrees - even going 8-10 mph on a warm day.  If he were anywhere near 107, I would be flipping out!  What do you think?

Laura Hayes NE #2741