Resting HR

Like humans resting heart rate decreases considerably as a result of
endurance conditioning, Horseshave been known to show the same. some may
not in tests. Some Equine Research tests have been done on a tread mill or
in a short period of time.
Such as a month or less then getting a true reading. Well if it was me im
not going to take a unfit horse and expect a change in a month. Some rates
Research reports increases of  heart rate with overtraining and /or
sickness, we all know that . Applys to myself and any human  how about a
peroid of time for a lower resting rate..Horses can be even less during
sleep. Day to day variations are more likely to occur.
A measuring way to your horses resting heart rate:  measure over five days
and take the average. Example horses heart rates were 27,26,28,29and 25 bpm
for five consecutive days then a reference would be
27+26+28+29+25=135/5=27beats per minute. Be carefull during feeding times
and oh no he's coming out to ride me excitability  times.    se