Re: RC: Blanketing Question

We do not and never had blanketed our horses. They stay out 24/7 in all kinds of weather. They never get sick and are in great health. Putting a blanket on a horse interferes with natural hair growth. So if you start to blanket you have to keep a blanket on because they do not grow the proper winter coat. If the horse is in a barn I really do not think they need a blanket since the barn is protection enough. On colder nights feed extra hay which will keep them warm. Since it is your horse, you should decided whether or not it should have a blanket, not the barn owner.

Maria