Far Out Forest

Well, I just finished my second LD. My first was the Biltmore and Far Out Forest was my second.  My husband and Daughter have been riding in 50's for awhile now.  So they have taken a step backward to help me through.
   It has been so fantastic, The hardest part for me was the vet check.  Did I mention that I rode a 4 year old paint- trained by the one and only husband.  If you know Moonlight princess (baby), you can get an idea of what incredible courage it took for me to attempt this.  At the Biltmore we had so many hazards the first 100 yards of the ride, I thought maybe I was in over my head.  But "Baby" settled down and I survived.
   At the vet check at Far out Forest  Baby got it in her mind to run me over as I attempted to trot her out.  She trotted me down instead.  I did my best to keep her in a straight line, but surviving the 30 yards  up and back was hard enough.  When I finally returned to the vet- I had to admit that the horse was evidently in control and she didn't FEEL like remaining in a straight line. Well, the vet simply pressed on and told his helper to give me an F under attitude for funny.  At least my mare put a smile on someone's face. As I waited for my 12 year old to progress through the vet check flawlessly, I realized I had a lot of work to do.
   From the time I got up in the morning to the time we finally got onto the trail, my stomach was in knots. I couldn't even drink my coffee. I was so bad my husband tacked up my horse for me. Moonlight Princess (Baby) was jumpy with all of the preride activity, and so was I.
   At 8 miles there was a water stop.  I have come to find out these are suppose the be uneventful little breaks for the horses to refresh themselves with some cool water.  Well Howard and Danceline had other plans.  Let's just say Howard was taking a potty break when Danceline decided to live up to his name. He reached for the stars as he danced his way down the trail, he took a bit of a roll.  The horse was fine, but my husband felt a bit exposed.
    We came in together- the three amigos Howard like to call us.  Jen was on Warcry- an Arab, so he came down right away.  It took a few minutes for Baby to chill, and Danceline was good to go after about 15 minutes.  At the Biltmore we came in 82, 83, 84 and at FOF we came in 5, 8, 12.  The numbers are nothing compare to the fact that we came in together.  It was sooooo cool.  I really know what "to Finish is Win" feels like.  I look forward to Goethe.

Erica