Vosal

I ride my horses with a vosal all the time.  I have had 3 gelding that I
could compete on them with it very nicely.  I like it because it is light,
easy to eat and drink with and my horses seem like it.  I have one gelding
that is very competitive and young.  I ride him with it on training rides
at home for miles and he behaves beautifully with it, but I have tried to
do two LD rides using a vosal on him and it just doesn't work.  Not yet
anyway, I hope as he matures and learns what is expected of him he will be
okay with a vosal.  He is so competitive that I have to constantly be on
him, which cause me and him to get sore.  The vosal will take the hair off
under his jaw.  I am going to use a S sidepull on the next ride.  I hope
to have a little more control but not make him sore.