Quicksilver Classic

I want to thank the Quicksilver Endurance Riders for putting on such a nice
ride.  The scenery at Henry W. Coe State Park was quintessentially
Californian - oaks and grassy hillsides.  I saw wild turkeys, pigs and deer.
There was plenty of water and plenty of "comfort stations" scattered around
the park.  Footing was excellent.  Vets Melissa Ribley, Michelle Shaw and
others whose names I forgot were very friendly and thorough.  We came in
almost last, so we got to spend to the whole day in the park.

This was my first bay area ride.  Although I don't live in the region, the
ride was less than a four hour drive from my house.  I think I will drive
north more often.  I had been feeling a little blue lately so it was great to
see Maryben, Robert Ribley, Trilby and other friends.  Trilby and I rode
together and shared our thoughts and memories about the XP ride this summer.

We joked about what Skjoldur must have been thinking.  Once he saw Trilby and
Clay did he wonder if he was on his way back to Missouri?  I think this was
only the fourth one day fifty miler he has ever attended and completed.  He
has now gone something like forty rides in row without a pull now.  I believe
Remington did almost that many once a few years ago.

We have been blessed with great rides at Bear Valley Springs (on Rem),
Manzanita and Quicksilver (both on Skjoldur) this fall.  Other rides may get
more attention, but these kinds of well run local rides are the backbone of
endurance.

John Parke
Solvang CA