Gaited's in endurance

  Our family has been using Kentucky Mountain Horses in endurance for the
last few years. They are great! This year my daughter's KMSH, Raven,
completed both the Tevis & the Virginia City 100! They have a calmness that
is so refreshing in an endurance ride! They eat, drink, go into a vet check
pulsed down. They were bred to go all day comfortably & do. They are like
the Energizer Bunny, they keep going & going & going!
  The one challenge has been the occasional vet that wasn't used to seeing
the gait. Gaging what was normal & what was off was sometimes a gray area
for them. I've heard that east coast vets are more used to seeing gaited
horses & take it in stride. Most vets here do great, too.
  So enjoy your TWH & enjoy endurance with him!

Susan Walz
541-343-6833
Marsan Kennel - End Results Grooming
2040 West 18th Ave